Calling all bakers and lovers of banana bread! Brian and Dan are searching for the best banana bread in the world!
We invite you to show off your baking skills and enter our first ever Banana Bread Baking Contest.
Since banana bread is meant to be shared, we want to encourage our friends from all over the globe to submit a loaf! We will be offering fun prizes, sharing recipes and crowning the winner of this year’s event the “Brian and Dan 2018 BAKE OFF CHAMPION”
Our panel of celebrity judges include: Nick Difu, Owner/Chef of Nick’s Next Door, Lynn, Magnoli, Owner of Icing on the Cake, Carol Harget, former Owner of Dolce Spazio, and Dan Rubnitz, REALTOR® and Banana Bread Connoisseur.
Here is the deal (or should we say peel)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES:
- Contest open to beginners, amateurs, aspiring chefs, professional cooks, culinary arts students, etc.
- Contestants may have more than one entry, but can only win one (1) prize.
- Submissions must be home cooked (not store bought).
- All submissions will become property of Dan’s stomach.
- Contestants may work individually or with a team. (Prizes will be awarded to 1 member/team only, NOT each individual).
Banana Bread Delivery Instructions
- Banana bread submissions may be delivered to Brian and Dan at Sereno Group Los Gatos, 214 Los Gatos Saratoga Road, between 3pm – 5pm on Sunday September 9, 2018 or on Monday, September 10, 2018 from 9am-12pm (out of area entrants may submit loaves via post, pack mule or carrier pigeon).
- Please note: Judgement Day will be on Monday, September 10, 2018 from 2pm-4pm. Please take this into consideration when packaging, presenting your banana bread on the 9th.
Banana Bread Judgement Day
- Each entry will be assigned a number for judging. Submissions will be judged on a scale of 1-10. 10 being the highest.
- Although Dan says Banana Bread will be judged on TASTE ONLY and that presentation and appearance is of no consequence, banana bread will be judged on these primary categories: Taste, Appearance, Texture, Aroma, Moistness, Proper Bake Time.
- Since he will not be Judging, Brian will tally all of the ballots. The contestant with the highest overall score will be the winner.
- Judgement Day will take place at Nick’s Next Door on Monday, September 10th, 2018 from 2pm-4pm.
Banana Bread Prizes
- First Prize – $100 gift certificate to Nick’s Next Door, Los Gatos
- First Prize winner will be crowned Brian and Dan 2018 BAKE OFF CHAMPION!
- Brian and Dan will donate $1,000 to a local charity of the first place winner’s choosing.
- Runner Up A – $25 gift certificate to Dolce Spazio, Los Gatos and $25 gift certificate to Icing on the Cake
- Runner Up B -$25 gift certificate to Dolce Spazio, Los Gatos and $25 gift certificate to Icing on the Cake
Rules are subject to change.
All entries must be submitted no later than 12:00 pm on September 10, 2018. You may drop off your loaf or mail them to our office at 214 Los Gatos – Saratoga Road, Los Gatos, CA 95030. Brian and Dan will be there on Sunday, September 9th between 3pm-5pm and on Monday, September 10th between 9am and 12pm.
All participants are invited to watch the judging and sample the competition at Nick’s Next Door on Monday, September 10th from 2pm-4pm.